According to a December 2019 meeting with the health department, there are several infrastructure items that can be addressed to help lessen the impact on the pond and reduce toxic algae blooms.
1. Remove broken and aged storm drain.
2. Repave Willimantic Drive to prevent rain run off including install new storm drains.
3. Create planting at both beach locations to prevent erosion and rain run off
Changes @ Home
We can do our part at home to help prevent another round of cyanobacteria and lessen the impact on the pond and reduce toxic algae blooms.
1. Limiting the use of pesticides and herbicides in our yards.
2. Aerating our lawns instead of utilizing chemicals.
3, Disposing of toxic chemicals on the transfer stations collection department.
Working Together with Community Leaders